Tuesday, June 02, 2009

These Robeez were made for walking.

Last night Queen Monkey took some of her very first steps. She'd stepped back and forth from me to almost anyone. Those were only about one step then someone would catch her. But last night, she was taking a few steps between Husband and I. Oh the pride! I know almost every kid in the history of kids has done this, but last night I felt like those were the first steps taken EVER! They were so very magical. So calculated, and yet not. So tipsy, and falling forward, and looking to be caught by the other parent. Every time she would get to Husband, I would clap and cheer and hoot and holler. King Monkey was there helping, but got slightly discouraged when they bonked heads. We'd yell YEAH and then quickly spin her around to push her in the other direction.

I don't know why this time I'm in more of a hurry to get her to each next phase of life. Maybe because I know how much better each phase gets. I don't want her to hurry up and grow up, yet I so very much do. I want her to be my baby forever, but I know that doesn't happen. I guess I'm just going to have to savor every moment. Take more pictures and videos, I've been slacking a bit lately.

She makes my heart burst when I see her. And so does KM for that matter. When I get to daycare to pick them up, every day KM runs to me and jumps in to my arms. He misses me so much. And every day when I get there QM sits where ever she is and kicks her legs and smiles the biggest smile, sometimes squealing, sometimes talking until I pick her up, but she is always smiling. They are so happy to see me, and I am so very happy to see them.

QM makes noises like Bevis and Butthead. It's a grunting noise and she does it a lot. We laugh every time. She also likes to hit her chubby little paw on everything and talk to us. I like to call her Chub-A-Riffic.

KM's new saying is "You have a Situation that needs Imagination... Brain Storm!" I ask him quite frequently, "Are you having a situation?" Then he replies with the former.

Every day I look forward to the things they say and do, even if The Pink One was up all night long whining and crying for no apparent reason, after being fed and she was sleepy and given everything she could possibly want or need at 3 am. I still love them even in the dead of night, especially in the dead of night. Looking forward to another sleepless night, and I wouldn't want it any other way.

No comments: