Wednesday, June 24, 2009

This is my new favorite song.



This is kind of how I feel about the way I grew up. I feel like you couldn't ask for a better place to grow up then in a small town. This is part of the reason we decided to move back to where Husband and I grew up. We are living in a town, that is not a lot larger people wise, but much more metro then where we grew up.

This is why we put our house up for sale. We want our kids to grow up the way we grew up. We think it makes you a hard worker, teaches you the value of things. It's a different experience growing up in the country with chores to do and having to find your own fun. We want this for our own kids. We will do everything we can to show them what it looks like to grow up like mom and dad did. There's more room to run and ride bikes, to dig in the dirt and help mow the lawn.

Hopefully, they will bale hay and know what it feels like to put in a good hard days work. I'm sure you can accomplish this in the city, or even a suburb, but I didn't grow up like that and I don't know what that would look like. Going back to Where I Come From. ( I don't know any of the people in this video, but it feels like this where I come from.)

No comments: