Wednesday, May 14, 2008

OOOO-BOOB

OOOOOO (as in OOOO, AAHHH) - BOOB -- this is KM's word for boobs, mine, daddy's or his. One day I was putting him in the truck and he tells me, "Mommy, you hurt my oooo-boob." I almost tipped over from laughing. Where does he come up with this stuff? This morning I was holding him on my lap telling him that we needed to get going and he pulls out my shirt at the neck and looks down it. "Mommy, you don't have no oooo-boobs." Then he reached his hand down it and started laughing -- "OOOO-BOOB!" He's such a goonie-heimer!

Maybe that's where he gets it! Amma and I are constantly making up words for things. Ish-ta-la-gook-a-la -- Amma's word for a dirty diper, or doopa's -- as in "we need to change your doopa's" (also a poopy diaper). However, I can't take credit for this one, Vicki claims the rights to this. Goonie-toonie -- pretty much anytime I don't really know what to say to him, I make up a new word. Which is a lot of fun when he tries to repeat them.

Yesterday we opened my Mother's day present, and I got a Cram-er-a. That's right a Cram-er-a. On our way home he asked me if we were going to stop and get sss-ram-riches, smam-rich, sam-rich -- no matter how you cut it, he can not say sandwich, and I think it's hilarious. I ask him all the time about sandwiches so that he'll say it.

I love the way he says everything lately, both in pronunciation and in general talking. He wants to talk about EVERYTHING. We can have a 10 minute discussion on why the tree has nuts on it. He asks a lot of why questions lately and I'm trying to give him actual answers, instead of "I don't know." But some days my mind doesn't work, so then I make something up. Or I tell him to ask someone else, daddy, Amma, Vicki. One day he'll stop talking to me, so I'll miss this stage. Man O Man do I love that kid!

No comments: