Monday, October 23, 2006

Pink Eye and Birthday Parties

It's has been a while hasn't it.

The weekend of Oct. 14 - 15th, Todd and I went furniture shopping and finally made the big purchases. My mom had Kermit for the weekend and he wasn't feeling the greatest. So on our way home from shopping we dropped off some cough medicine and some Tylenol. Then home to unpack our newest addition. Sunday I went to get him and he had thrown up again. Not good, he looked like a truck had run over his face. Puffy eyes, runny nose, matted eye gunk, bruise in the middle of his forehead when he had fallen down. Like a train wreck. I took him home and the next morning same thing. He looked like he felt, usually he looks a little better than he feels, not this time. I made an appointment for him to see the doc. Called in late to work and tried to feed him something.

He had slept all night but on the way to the doc, around 8.45 he fell asleep (this for sure means he is not himself, Kermit never takes a nap that early). Well it's Pink Eye, which means no daycare and no work for momma. So I called in Pink Eye to work, no problem says the boss, see you Wednesday. I had been given 2 days off (YEAH!), so let's make the most of it and get something done around the house (after a few cuddles with the sick baby, of course!) So we sat and snuggled and cuddled and ate some lunch. Then when Kermit went down for nap time, I watched Passions. OK, so when I said get something done, I really meant I would be getting something done on Tuesday. Monday was packed full of visitors, the Blind Lady (to order our Blinds -- not that she is blind and I'm insensitive), the shelving guys, the DirecTV guys. Not much could be done until the shelving guys left. We had nowhere to set anything before they got there. Then Todd went to bowling in the middle of the DirecTV crisis. All is semi well now, just need our electricians to come back and actually do their job this time.

Tuesday rolled around and even with Pink Eye, we got a lot done around home. Stuff was sorted to rooms, and stuff was put away in the pantry, and stuff was cleaned and vacuumed and mopped, and the office was put together. It was a productive day. I left the house with good intentions of going to work around Noon, but wouldn't have actually gotten to work until 1, Kermit still wasn't feeling the greatest and was hungry and tired, so we turned around and headed back to the barn (home). He needed momma time and I was not about to deny him that! Later that night, some friends came over to plan a trip, so we had pizza and talked. It was a nice visit.

The rest of the week went fairly smoothly. Husband left to go up north on Friday. He had to do manly hunting things, like build tree stands and drink beer. He actually hates going up their but goes only for his dad's sake. His dad was happy as a lark.

I got to do some more shopping for the new house. Curtains, and curtain rods, and sheets, and rugs. It was so much fun. I tried not to go over board and think I did a pretty good job. Only buying what we really needed right now. And the best part is I got them all hung up already.

Guest Room: CHECK (as in done.) It is officially Bed and Breakfast cute and ready for guests! Which I am super excited about because, next weekend I'll have my first guest!!

Yesterday we had some friends over to watch football. Great food, great company, and a great new friend for Kermit. Our friend's new girlfriend's son (did you follow all that?) -- is about the same age as our monkey. They had a very good time playing together. Then after they left, we had a very special Birthday Uncle to go and visit. Uncle Leo had turned 2 yesterday, so we had to go and give him some kisses.

And you wondered why I hadn't written in a while -- we've been busy.

I am hoping to get on a more regular schedule with my writing. I would like to be more diligent about it. I like getting my thoughts out of my head and written down. Makes room for more song lyrics!!

No comments: