Thursday, October 12, 2006

Bee-Bee!

Last night I was doing a quick load of laundry. Stole the Bee-Bee (blanket) from Kermit and washed it. He had had a bloody nose a few days ago, and I didn't get a chance to wash it since. So I threw it in the washer with no issues. But when it came time to get it in the dryer, he happened to see it. It was getting close to his bedtime and he started crying. Meanwhile,Todd had jumped in the shower, he was keeping Kermit occupied while I was doing other things. I put the Bee-Bee in the dryer, but it was no use. Kermit stood next to the dryer and cried and cried, "Bee-Bee, Bee-Bee!) I thought we were going to have to stand there for 45 minutes until it was dry. Luckily, once dad got out of the shower, he distracted him and things were better until it was dry. He was even trying to open the door of the dryer to get to it. He stood at the window in the door and just cried. It was too, too cute.

Funny, how the apple doesn't fall far from the tree. I have pictures of myself as a child, standing in the yard, sucking my thumb and with my other hand, holding the corner of my Strawberry Shortcake blanket while it was clothes-pinned to the clothes line trying to dry.

Then after all that, we finally get him in bed and get him to go to sleep, until about 11 or 12. He woke up crying so dad went and got him and brought him in bed with us. I know, I know you're not suppose to do that, but we were tired and didn't care. We should have though, he was up until 2AM bouncing around the bed and attacking dad, because he thought it was funny and we were playing a game. Finally at the end of my very sleepless rope, I scooped him up, hauled him back to this own room, layed him down and went back to bed. He cried for a few minutes, but it didn't take long for him to go back to sleep.

This morning was a LARGE cup of coffee morning.

No comments: