Thursday, August 13, 2009

Getting Closer

We are finally getting closer to an answer on our house. We finally know that there may be an end to the madness soon. But I'm still not putting all my eggs in that basket. I'm trying to actually ignore it all. Otherwise I spend way to much time "What If-ing".

I also don't spend anytime thinking about moving (UGH!) or where we will live next, or how long we will live there, or about the next house we want to build. I'm trying to do this one step at a time, or it's too overwhelming. It comes up in passing between Todd and I, but we don't really look at anything because if we did and we found something that was perfect and we loved it, by the time we know when we will move, it will be gone and we will be sad.

So for now, we have beers on the deck and talk about it in the abstract. Like it's happening to someone else or on TV. I can't wait to move on and move out, but I also still really love our house. I just wish it was on more land and MUCH cheaper. Lesson learned, risk taken, money spent, good times had, time to move on.

We are constantly putting more irons in to our fire. Like we don't have enough to do. We both work full time, try to raise 2 kids, try to sell our house, we have a new venture we started that is sometimes part time, sometimes full time, Todd is also going to take a few classes on line and add to our already busy schedule. He's going to go in to business for him self again (see above where he works full time, that full time is also Self Employed.) We're just adding a 2nd business to our resume, or adding to the amount of things his Self Employedness is already doing. We'll probably opt for "another business". But we'll see. Either way, it's just more to do and keep track of on a daily, weekly, monthly scale.

I love being busy and having lots to do, but it gets very overwhelming when there is SO.MUCH.OF.IT. So that's why I talk about things more in the abstract. I step back and look at it from the outside. It's happening over there, and we're watching it. We really are taking it day by day. We don't plan to far ahead and we don't look back.

Sometimes I'm amazed how well Todd and I are getting along. We have a TON of stress right now, but neither one of us is freaking out on the other. We are rolling with the punches, know that this is just one chapter of our lives and we'll soon put it to a close and start again. We have been through tough times before and last time, we did not handle it as well. When the going got tough, I went to my dads. I would run away, so we didn't fight, but it was always waiting for me when I got home (unresolved conflict.) We fought, we yelled, we threw things, we did not do well. This time, SO.MUCH.BETTER! I'm glad to see that after 6 years, 2 kids, 2 houses, 5 jobs, and countless vehicles, we have learned how to be adults and rely on each other for the hard parts.

So here's to you honey. Thanks for always having my back, and being the other half of me so I don't have to do all of this alone. I love you!

No comments: