Monday, April 27, 2009

Plan B

Been a rather slow day at work today. My sister came down and had her brakes re-done in our shop. Then I had some work errands to do, so she rode along with me. We stopped and had lunch at the Olive Garden (It was lovely). Then came back to the office and killed some time til her car was done.

In the mean time, my boss had called and asked me who called our mechanic in to work today. I said I did, he's doing Auntie's brakes. No response. Then he called back a few minutes later and asked where I was and what I was doing. I said lunch, we'll be done in about a half hour. Again, no response. I think he's bucky at me. He waits until the last minute to tell me that he has things for me to do. Sometimes, I can jump right on it, and other times I *gasp* make my own plans for the day. I really don't care that he's a little bucky at me.

I'm nearing the end of my patience with this job. The job is good, my boss couldn't be a better guy. He's very understanding and accomodating. When I need time off, it's no problem. My problem with the job is mostly my own. I want to be able to do things with the Monkey's when I want to do them. I want more freedom to come and go as I see fit in my family. I'm tired of working for someone else. I want to work for me and my family. Don't get me wrong, I am happy to be employed and making ok money. But I have much more potential for something greater. I'm biding my time right now.

It will happen. These things take time. I'm already working on my plan B. I am hoping and planning for that by the end of July, I'll be doing my own thing. What I want, when I want.

Here's to dreaming the dream and making it happen.

No comments: